- Octagon Pond Elementary has an extended delay. Doors will now open at 11:30. Buses will pick up 3hrs later than their normal time. Lunch service will go ahead at school.
- All Schools in the St. John’s metro area will have delayed openings by two hours due to the weather
- BOTH schools in the Bell Island school system have a delayed opening with an update regarding the remainder of the day at 10:00 am.
- The Ascension school system including Ascension Collegiate, Amalgamated Academy, Coley’s Point Primary, Holy Redeemer, All Hallows, and St. Peter’s will be closed for the morning with an update at 10 a.m.
- School is closed for the morning with an update at 10:30 AM.Crescent Collegiate, BlaketownAcreman Elementary, Green’s HarbourWoodland Elementary, Dildo Whitbourne Elementary, Whitbourne ,Holy Family Elementary, Chapel Arm
- The Ridge Road, Prince Philip Drive (including the daycare) and Seal Cove Campuses of the College of the North Atlantic will delay opening until 10:00 AM this morning to allow for snow clearing operations.
- Keyin College St Johns campus will be opening 1030 this morning
- The Kenmount Road and Harding Road campuses of Academy Canada will delay opening until 10am this morning.
- Delayed opening until 10 for all St. John’s campuses (incl. Childcare Centre). Further update by 8 to confirm open time. Morning exams postponed until Sunday, Dec. 9. Updated exam information to be posted in Self-Service.
- The Placentia Campus, College of the North Atlantic will be closed for the morning, update at 10 am.
RCMP Holyrood Detachment wishes to advise motorists travelling east on the TCH east of the Holyrood Access Road that due to two immobilized tractor trailers the TCH eastbound lane is impassable at the Foxtrap Access Road. An update will be issued when the situation is resolved.